Welcome to Round 92 of #PhotoRoulette
Since 2010, travel bloggers have been competing in this illustrious game; which lets us show off our favorite photos from around the world.
Each round’s theme is chosen by the winner of the previous round.
Which means, thanks to Travis at Flashpacker HQ, I’m proud to announce that Round 92′s theme is…
It’s a new year full of endless possibilities and limitless creativity. Let’s be free of constraints and share images that make our hearts sing!
I want to see a photo that you love.
A photo that you look at and say,
This may be my favorite photo!
I can’t believe I took that.
I’m so proud.
I totally rock!
That’s it… share your WOW with the world!
A N D T H E W I N N E R IS . . .
CLAIRE FROM ZIG ZAG ON EARTH!!!
WOW! I mean, WOW! I’ve spent the past decade traveling our world and have never seen anything like Claire’s photo.
The image succeeds on so many levels. Technically, it makes great use of the road as a leading line; and the lone car provides an epic sense of scale.
It also stimulates my imagination; as I find myself totally drawn into the photo and getting lost in the wall of ice.
Finally, the fact that Claire made the photo from a bus window is icing on the cake. If anything, it reminds us all that just because you’re going 80 kph doesn’t mean you can’t take a great photo.
Entering the contest is super easy. Just leave a comment below with a link to the image. Please also include a little story about why this is your WOW image.
Once you’ve added your comment, I’ll add the image to the contest. Don’t forget to check back in during the week to see the other submissions and join the conversation by leaving comments for others.
The contest runs for 7 days starting January 12th and ending January 19th at 12:00 PST.
Feel free to share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Trover and StumbleUpon so more people can join the contest – make sure to use the hashtag #PhotoRoulette
. . .
The Fine Print
Here’s the skinny: Winner of the last round of Travel Photo Roulette hosts the next round on their blog.
Our friend, the winner, picks a new theme and invites bloggers to submit photos over the course of one week(ish). At the end, a new winner is chosen.
Lather, rinse, repeat. Couldn’t be easier.
. . .
- One submission per blog
- Post processing/digital editing/retouching/cropping/whatever you want… for this round, it’s all allowed!
- Abstract submissions are welcome. But if you want to win, it’s probably best that the judge understands your interpretation.
- Hosts should keep themes general so all bloggers can participate. Avoid specifics like ‘Eiffel Tower’; instead choose a more open theme, like ‘monuments’ or ‘monuments at night’.
- Abstract thoughts can be fun, as long as everyone can understand. ‘Overlooking creation’ is good, ‘Kafkaesque’ is not.
- No obscene photos or themes allowed. Suggestive themes and photography might be accepted, but be careful. Remember, the host is all-powerful.
- Themes may be reused after a period of time; however new photos must be submitted. Keep it fresh!
- You do not have to take the photo within the week of the contest period to submit it.
- Most importantly: ALL PHOTOS MUST BE YOUR OWN.
- Spread the word about Travel Photo Roulette and use the hashtag #PhotoRoulette.
- Last, but not least: It’s a game, so have fun with it.
Here it is… the #PhotoRoulette Hall of Fame. Click on any site name to see their round.
- Nov 2010 Living the Dream Animals
- Nov 2010 Skinny Backpacker Road Signs
- Nov 2010 Dream a Little Dream Street Art
- Dec 2010 Flashpacker HQ Festival
- Dec 2010 Over Yonderlust Landmarks
- Dec 2010 Don’t Ever Look Back Beaches
- Jan 2011 ThePlanetD Portraits
- Jan 2011 Travel with a Mate Motion
- Jan 2011 Johnny Vagabond Water
- Feb 2011 Ken Kaminesky Urban
- Feb 2011 Travels of Adam Friday Night
- Mar 2011 Itchy Feet Chronicles The Journey
- Mar 2011 Brendan’s Adventures Changing Seasons
- Apr 2011 Shutterfeet Storytelling
- Apr 2011 10 Times One Piousness
- Apr 2011 Beached Eskimo Learning
- May 2011 Travel Junkies Architecture
- Jun 2011 Destination World Transportation
- Jun 2011 Living the Dream Paradise
- Jun 2011 Vagabond Quest Clothes
- Jul 2011 The Unframed World Symmetry
- Jul 2011 Beached Eskimo Home
- Jul 2011 BackPackerBanter Inspiration
- Aug 2011 WanderingTrader Darkness
- Aug 2011 Finding the Universe Tranquillity
- Sep 2011 Fearful Adventurer Food
- Sep 2011 Adventures of a GoodMan City
- Oct 2011 Globe-Trekking.com Reflection
- Oct 2011 Scene With A Hart Framing
- Nov 2011 Vagabond Quest Silhouettes
- Nov 2011 Hecktic Travels Music
- Dec 2011 Globetrotter Girls Love
- Dec 2011 Man on the lam Humor
- Jan 2012 My Walkabout Winter
- Jan 2012 The Art of Slow Travel Blue
- Feb 2012 Ten times One Depth of the Field
- Not Hosted Anymore
- Mar 2012 Nomadbiba Sunshine
- Mar 2012 Travel With Kat Local Character
- Apr 2012 The Travel Bunny Street Scene
- Apr 2012 Adventure Crow Spirit of the Country
- May 2012 Food Travel Bliss Evening
- May 2012 Matt Gibson Adventure
- May 2012 Flashpacker HQ Once In A Lifetime
- Jul 2012 Skinny Backpacker Surreal
- Aug 2012 2away Smile
- Aug 2012 Bridges and Balloons Excellent Splendour of the Universe
- Sep 2012 The GypsyNester What the ?!
- Oct 2012 Runaway Juno Sweet
- Nov 2012 GQ Trippin Play
- Nov 2012 Life’s Little Victories Friendship
- Dec 2012 Breakaway Backpacker Face
- Jan 2013 Fly, Icarus, Fly Serendipity
- Feb 2013 Travel Transmissions Lost in Thought
- Feb 2013 Wanderlusters The Natural World
- Mar 2013 Travel Junkies Patterns
- Apr 2013 Living the Dream Your First Time
- May 2013 Getting Stamped The Sun Goes Down
- Jun 2013 The GypsyNester Cheesy Tourist Diversions
- Jun 2013 Boomeresque Revolution
- Jul 2013 Breakaway Backpacker Colorful
- Aug 2013 Around This World Mountains
- Aug 2013 Passports and Pamplemousse Hands at Work
- Sep 2013 TurtlesTravel Dance
- Sep 2013 Keep calm and travel The Sea
- Sep 2013 Travel Photo Discovery The Market
- Oct 2013 Am I Nearly There Yet? Travel Fails
- Oct 2013 The GypsyNester Weird Regional Foods
- Nov 2013 Sophie’s World Trees
- Nov 2013 SHOuTography Party
- Dec 2013 Adventures of a Goodman Ruin
- Dec 2013 Have Blog Will Travel Light
- Jan 2014 This World Rocks Crowds
- Jan 2014 Travel Past 50 Competition
- Feb 2014 The Working Traveller Working
- Mar 2014 Travels with Carole Umbrellas
- Apr 2014 Independent Travel Help Quirky
- Apr 2014 Quit Job Travel World Statues
- May 2014 Nomad is Beautiful People Sleeping
- May 2014 Backpack Me Mouthwatering
- Jun 2014 20 Years Hence The Face of A Nation
- Jul 2014 Two for the Road Into the Wild
- Jul 2014 TurtlesTravel Summer!
- Aug 2014 Adventures Around Asia Candid
- Aug 2014 Travel with Kevin and Ruth Hiking
- Sept 2014 Till The Money Runs Out Transport
- Sept 2014 The Crowded Planet Wild World
- Sept 2014 ZigZag On Earth The 4 Elements
- Oct 2014 Travel Addicts Heritage
- Oct 2014 Living the Dream Your Grand Adventure
- Oct 2014 Getting Stamped Inspire
- Nov 2014 Flashpacker HQ Viewpoint
- Jan 2014 Adventures of a GoodMan WOW!